Dangote Group – Our people are key to maintaining and sustaining our vision of touching lives by providing their basic needs. We are committed to maintaining our competitive advantage and so we employ the best talents.
As a world-class organisation, we understand that we exist to serve and satisfy our customers. Accordingly, our customer orientation reflects intimacy, integrity and learning.
We continuously seek and develop new business, employing state-of-the-art methods to retain our market leadership.
We are a large organisation, working together to deliver the best products and services to our valuable customers and stakeholders. To achieve this, we demonstrate teamwork, respect and meritocracy.
We thrive on being leaders in our business, markets and communities. To drive this, we focus on continuous improvement, partnership and professionalism.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Administrator
Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting the company’s IT network systems. Manages the day-to-day operations of LAN and WAN Administration (Physical/Wireless Network) by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
This would including providing support for infrastructure devices to include (but not limited to) Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewall and circuit paths and would include providing suggestions for performance enhancement and streamlining. The candidate shall provide technical support services necessary for in house computing resources in a LAN/WAN environment that ensure equipment, information security, and availability of Network Operation and Maintenance services as well as the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
Other Responsibilities Performed Include:
- Analyzes, administers and maintains data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to other staff members.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Provides troubleshooting, analysis, and repairs for various remote locations throughout Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa
- REQUIRED Certifications: CCNP or CCIE
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal
Competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience.
To apply for this job position at Dangote Group: Click here to apply
Download FREE: Job Winning CVs and Cover Letters You Can Use
Follow Us on Google+
Latest posts by Ansa John (see all)
- 34 Time Management Advice For Busy Entrepreneurs Like You - October 12, 2017
- Why You Should Fail and How to Fail Well - October 3, 2017
- Useful Career Resources: A Must-Read for Job Seekers - October 2, 2017