During your job search you’ve spent hours writing a job application and getting prepared for your interview. You dressed in your best clothes and thought you nailed the interview, but you were still rejected why?
Want to know why you are not getting your dream job? Here are 25 reasons why
1. Not keeping track of your accomplishments
2. Leaving on a bad note
3. Not networking
4. Only using the Internet
5. Only searching for the perfect job
6. Writing a generic cover letter
8. Including your current work info as the best place to contact you
9. Focusing on yourself and not on the company in the cover letter
10. Not targeting your résumé to the position
11. Showing up late
12. Dressing for the wrong job
13. Not asking questions
13. Not answering interview questions
15. Not paying attention
16. Not researching the position
17. Not researching the company
18. Forgetting common etiquette
19. Forgetting you’re being interviewed from the moment you walk in
20. Bringing up salary too soon
21. Not sending a thank-you note
22. Being over-aggressive in follow-up
23. Not learning from your mistakes
24. Forgetting where you’ve applied and interviewed
25. Stopping your job search while you wait for a response
So What Now?
Time to pick yourself back up and keep going strong. keep your mind open, stay positive and be willing to learn from your experience. You will get a great job.
Job Search Tips: Take Action And Get The Job You Deserve
Your confident might have taken a bit but it’s time to pick yourself up, take some positive actions and move on.
If you find you’re not making it to the interview stage, you may need to improve your application or review what jobs you’re applying for. If you’re getting an interview but not a job, do some work on your interview techniques and company research.
Be realistic when setting yourself a timeframe to get a job. Keep your spirit high and if it’s taking longer than you thought and you’re currently unemployed, use your skills for good and volunteer. It should give you a confidence boost and will look great on your CV!
Helpful TIP: there are countless resources on the internet to help you improve your job applications, CV and interview techniques. Check out the following:
- GET THE JOB YOU DESERVE!
- What I Wish EVERY Job Candidate Knew: 15 Minutes to a Better Interview
- The Ultimate Guide to Writing a Resume that Lands YOU the Job!
- CVs for Graduates: 2nd edition
- Write a Winning CV: 2nd edition
- Top Ten Tips for Writing Cover Letters: Tips You Would Never Think Of
- Interview Skills: Mastering the Art of Successful Job Interviews
Follow Us on Google+